Before You Visit
To ensure a meaningful and enjoyable experience for all of our visitors, we ask that you review the following policies before your visit.
- Flash photography is not permitted in the museum. Please turn your camera flash off when taking pictures in the museum. Members of the media may request a press pass at the front desk to take flash photography.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the museum and cannot be checked at the front desk. Neither chewing gum nor smoking are permitted in the museum.
- Please turn your cell phone ringer to silence or vibrate and limit the use of your cell phone to the lobby or outdoor areas.
- Please do not run, jump, shout or use disruptive behavior in the museum.
- Protect the miniatures and refrain from touching the glass or leaning on exhibits.
- Visit Fairy Caitlin at her home in the tree in the Enchanted Realm, but please do not climb on the tree.
- Large bags, packages, backpacks and umbrellas are not permitted in the galleries.
- Stollers are welcome. Please be considerate when using strollers in a crowded area.
- No animals or pets, besides service animals, are permitted in the museum.
- When writing or sketching in the galleries, please use lead pencils only. Please use a clipboard or notebook and not the walls or cases when writing or sketching.
- Please be aware that five minutes before closing time, the museum staff begins to clear the galleries. Please follow their instructions.
A variety of gallery guides to help you explore the collection are available in the lobby.
To enhance your visit, the following resources are available for checkout at the front desk:
- Step Stools
- Braille Maps
- Large Print Gallery Guides
- Large Print Collection Highlights Guide Notebook
- Large Print Temporary Exhibit Guides
- Braille Collection Highlights Guide Notebook
We hope you enjoy your visit to the museum and share your experience with your friends and family. For a hands-on experience, schedule your visit to coincide with our Art Carts or visit our Calendar for information on additional museum programs taking place.
Tucson is a wonderful city with friendly people and beautiful weather offering a wealth of culture, heritage, outdoor adventure, family fun and art! If you are unfamiliar with the area, a great place to get ideas is the Metropolitan Tucson Convention and Visitor’s Bureau in downtown Tucson. Or visit their website at www.visittucson.org. Another great resource is the Southern Arizona Guide website where you will find information and videos about the best dining, shopping, and things to do in Southern Arizona. Ask your concierge about things to do or look for a copy of Tucson Guide in your hotel room. Whether you are looking for an outing in our unique desert setting, something to do with the kids or just want to pamper yourself- Tucson has something for you!
Where to Eat
Tucson has a fabulous and diverse culinary scene. We are fortunate to have several great restaurants as our friendly neighbors. Below is a short list of local restaurants within a mile, or even walking distance, of The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures. For a more comprehensive list of terrific local restaurants, be sure to visit the Tucson Originals.
- Chad’s Steakhouse
- La Placita
- La Hacienda
- Nico’s Taco Shop 520-325-4021
- Relish Kitchen and Wine Bar
- Vero Amore
Where to Stay
- Arizona Inn
- Embassy Suites Tucson- Paloma Village
- Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
- Lodge on the Desert
- Ramada Hotel
- Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
- The Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
- Rental Homes and Condos in Tucson, AZ
The Tucson Attractions Savings Passport
The Tucson Attractions Savings Passport is your ticket to fun! The Passport is an unbeatable savings guide to the best there is to see and do in Southern Arizona. Each booklet includes over 40 two-for-one offers and discounts to the area’s top attractions, museums, shopping and fun! Priced at only $18, the Tucson Attractions Passport offers over $400 in savings! The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures is a retailer of the Tucson Attractions Passport. Pick one up in our museum store and use our two-for-one offer inside. Or, click here to purchase a Passport online.